Thank you very much for purchasing TP-LINK products. In order to protect your rights and interests, please read the following Warranty Policy carefully.
TP-LINK USA CORPORATION provides limited warranty to all TP-LINK products purchased in USA. The warranty covers the main device, antenna and external power supply failures due to defects in material or workmanship. Packaging, various cables, software products, technical data and other accessories are not covered here. The maximum liability of TP-LINK is equal to or no higher than the product's purchased price.
TP-LINK does not refund in any conditions. If the returned product is discontinued, TP-LINK will replace it with an equivalent product.
Click here to view "Conditions that Disqualify Product from Warranty"
Conditions that Disqualify Product from Warranty
Conditions that Disqualify Product from Warranty in the host machine include but not limited:
- Any defect caused by misuse, improper installation or maintenance that is not required by TP-LINK USA CORPORATION instruction;
- Any defect caused by software, virus or improper use of self-made and non-public software;
- Any product beyond the limited free replacement and repair period;
- Any unauthorized obliteration or tearing up of the product bar code;
- Any product that the bar code or item type in the warranty card is different from the product itself;
- Any unauthorized modification to the supporting setting files, or any authorized disassembly and repair;
- Any defect caused by improper use in the working conditions beyond the stated ones by the instruction (for example: under abnormal temperature that is too high, low, wet or dry; high sea-level; instable electric current and voltage and so on)
- Any defect caused by personal disaster or improper maintenance, such as mechanical damage, serious oxidation and rusting, rat damage, permeating exertion and so on;
- Any defect caused by transportation or loading during returning voyage;
- Any natural disaster such as earthquake, fire, flood, thunder strike and so on;
- Any other defects that are not caused by workmanship, technique, product quality and like;
Conditions that Disqualify Product from Warranty in the external power supply include:
- The returned power supply has obvious hard object damage, fissure, broken legs, severe deformation;
- The returned power code is broken, has naked core and damages like this.
From October 1, 2011, TP-LINK USA CORPORATION provides 2-Year warranty to our SOHO class products and 5-Year warranty to our SMB class products. If you need help to classify your product(s), please click here.
TP-LINK Products Classify
TP-LINK SOHO Products
Include Wireless LAN, 3G Router, ADSL, Powerline Adapter, SOHO Router, SOHO Switch, PoE and Network Adapter & 56K Modem
Detail Model number listed below:
|Wireless Router||Wireless AP||Wireless Adapter||3G Mobile Wifi||USB Hub|
|Archer C20i||Archer T4U|
|Archer C8||Archer T2U|
|Archer C2||Archer T2UH|
|Archer C5||Archer T4UH|
|Archer C9||Archer T8E|
|ADSL Modem & Modem Router||ADSL Wireless Modem Router|
|AV200 Powerline||AV200 Wireless N||AV500 Powerline||AV600 Powerline|
|Gigabit Switch||Fast Ethernet Switch|
|Network Adapter & 56K Modem|
|Gigabit Ethernet Adapter||Fast Ethernet Adapter||56K Modem|
TP-LINK SMB Products
Include Managed Switches, Unmanaged Rack Mount Switches and SMB Routers
Detail Model numbers listed below:
|L3 Managed Switch||L2 Managed Switch||Smart Switch||Web Smart Switch|
|Easy Smart Switch|
|Unmanaged Rack Mount Switch|
|Gigabit Switch||10/100Mbps Switch||Gigabit Uplink Switch||Desktop Switch|
TP-LINK Other Products
Include IP Camera, Print Server, Antenna & Accessories, Fiber Converter and all other products from TP-LINK not included in SOHO and SMB.
|Wired IP Camera||Wireless IP Camera|
|Wired Print Server||MFP Print Server||Wireless Print Server|
|Antenna & Accessories|
|Omi-directional Antenna||Directional Antenna||Accessories|
|Media Converter & Module|
||SFP+ LC Transceiver
|Product type||Warranty Period|
|TP-LINK SOHO Products||2-Year|
|TP-LINK SMB Products||5-Year|
|TP-LINK Other Products||1-Year|
If you are experiencing product defects within the warranty period, please FIRST contact the online/retail store where you originally purchased the product(s) from to ensure expedient replacement.
If the store no longer accepts your claim, you may process it through TP-LINK's RMA program by following the steps below.
Click here to view detailed procedures for Common Service
Procedures in Brief:
Procedures in Detail
- Step 1) Contact us through our Toll-Free Technical Support Line (866) 225-8139, a representative will help you with remote troubleshooting. If the product is judged to be defective, the representative will provide a RMA number. Customer contact and product info will be requested during this process.
- Step 2) A confirmation email will be sent from TP-LINK. The RMA shipping address is 975 Overland Ct, San Dimas, CA 91773
Step 3) Send defective product, purchase receipt along with RMA number to TP-LINK.
Note: Customer is responsible for the shipping fee in Step 3. If purchase receipt can't be provided, the warranty period shall be calculated 90 days from the product's manufacturing date. The first three digits of the Serial Number (SN) represent the manufacturing date (year and month). For example "101" represents the year of 2010 (10) and month of January (1). "10A" represents the year of 2010 (10) and month of October (A). (B) represents the month of November and (C) represents the month of December. The warranty period ends on the last day of the 3rd month.
Step 4) Once the defective product is received, TP-LINK USA CORPORATION will send back a new replacement and inform customer of the tracking number. The warranty period shall not be extended and is to be calculated from the product's original purchasing date.
Note: TP-LINK USA will pay for the one way shipping fee in Step 4.
Click here to view detailed procedures for Advanced Service
TP-LINK USA CORPORATION Customer Service Center offers Advanced Service to customers who wish to receive their new replacement before sending the defective unit to minimize service interruption time. A signed authorization form with credit card number from the customer will be requested. The credit card will be charged if the customer fails to return the defective unit two weeks after receiving the new replacement unit. The shipping fee is shown as below:
|Shipping Service||Ground||Next Business Day / Next 2 Days / Next 3 Days|
|SOHO Products and Other||$12.99||$54.99/$19.99/$17.99|
Click here to classify your product.
Procedures in Brief:
Procedures in Detail
Step 1) Contact us through our Toll-Free Technical Support Line (866) 225-8139, a representative will help you with remote troubleshooting. If the product is judged to be defective, the representative will provide a RMA number
Step 2) A confirmation email will be sent from TP-LINK. Customers may request advanced service by email reply.
Step 3) TP-LINK will send an Advanced Service Authorization Form via email or fax. Customer may sign and return the Advanced Service Authorization Form to TP-LINK via email or fax.
Step 4) Receive your new replacement and a free return label from TP-LINK USA
Step 5) Use the free return label to return the defective product, purchase receipt copy along with RMA number to TP-LINK USA CORPORATION Customer Service Center
- The warranty period shall not be extended and is to be calculated from the product's original purchasing date.
- The credit card will be charged if the customer fails to return the defective unit two weeks after receiving the new replacement unit. TP-LINK USA CORPORATION Customer Service Center will NOT keep or reveal customer's privacy information. The credit card number will be destroyed confidentially after TP-LINK receives the defective product.
- TP-LINK may reject or return products without accessories or assigned RMA number.
- If purchase receipt can't be provided, the purchase date shall be calculated 3-month from the product's manufacturing date and the product has the same warranty period. The first three digits of the Serial Number (SN) represent the manufacturing date (year and month). For example "121" represents the year of 2012 (12) and month of January (1). "12A" represents the year of 2012 (12) and month of October (A). (B) represents the month of November and (C) represents the month of December. The warranty period ends on the last day of the corresponding month.
- Customers who apply for the Advanced Service will receive a free return label coming with the replacement and ship the defective product back to TP-LINK USA CORPORATION Customer Service Center;
Customers who apply Common Service, are responsible for the one-way shipping fee and send defective product to TP-LINK USA CORPORATION Customer Service Center.
- TP-LINK USA CORPORATION is not responsible for damage occurred during shipment.
- TP-LINK USA CORPORATION will charge a service fee to replace your product if it is out of warranty.
- Warranty service stated above is only valid for products sold in the Continental US. Any other additional warranty service agreed during purchase shall only be effective based on the contract signed by TP-LINK USA CORPORATION.
- Any warranty service made by the distributor is beyond this warranty policy, TP-LINK USA CORPORATION shall not be held liable. Please obtain documents during purchase in order to be honored by the distributor.
- Any direct or indirect damage that prohibited the product to function normally, TP-LINK USA CORPORATION shall only be liable for the duties stipulated by the state law.
- TP-LINK USA CORPORATION shall neither, on any account, respond to any lost caused by damages such as improper use of applications and configurations, nor respond to any accusation put forward by a third party.
Remarks: TP-LINK USA CORPORATION reserves all rights including interpretation and modification to this warranty policy.