TP-Link® Unveils World’s First 802.11ad Router
LAS VEGAS – CES® 2016 – Jan. 6, 2016 – TP-Link®, a leading global provider of consumer and business networking products, today unveiled the Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router, the world’s first multi-band router based on 802.11ad—the latest, most powerful innovation in wireless technology. Powered by the 802.11ad and 11ac MU-MIMO solutions from Qualcomm Atheros, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router brings new, robust capabilities of 802.11ad to the market, delivering ultra-fast speeds of up to 4.6Gbps on 60GHz bands. It will be available in U.S. stores in early 2016.
TP-Link is showcasing the Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router as part of its new connected home portfolio, with smart home devices, connectivity products and accessories at CES in booth 31163, Tech East, LVCC, South Halls 3-4, Upper Level.
With the number of smart devices in the home steadily rising, consumers need more bandwidth to ensure seamless connectivity. Leveraging Qualcomm Atheros’ 802.11ad wireless technology, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router uses a new frequency with untapped bandwidth and channels at 60GHz. It also utilizes existing 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, resulting in combined unprecedented 7Gbps Wi-Fi speeds throughout the home as well as combines 802.11ad with 802.11ac MU-MIMO to provide a step up in capacity. Superior to the standard dual-band structure, the router transmits locally stored media and content from the cloud drastically faster, ensuring that devices function at prime performance. With the TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router, consumers can download an entire feature-length 4K HD video in about four minutes or transfer a thousand photos to a storage device in approximately five seconds, without any concerns about network interference.
“Qualcomm is continually investing in new, innovative technologies to meet the increasing bandwidth demands resulting from overcrowded networks,” said Rahul Patel, senior vice president and general manager, connectivity, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “We are leading the way with 802.11ac wave 2 with MU-MIMO to improve efficiency in the 2.4/5 GHz bands and now once again are bringing groundbreaking 802.11ad technology to commercial fruition. These technologies combined with the unique features of TP-Link’s Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router are designed to improve wireless networking and user experience.”
“TP-Link remains focused on delivering ultra-high speeds, improved reliability and increased network capacity to the home,” said Lewis Wu, executive vice president of TP-Link USA. “Our Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router will catalyze the entire industry, bringing faster-than-ever Wi-Fi speeds to homes.”
Equipped with 11ac MU-MIMO technology, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 Multi-band Wi-Fi Router yields 2.5 times better 11ac performance*** while supporting several devices simultaneously for gaming and streaming. It also boasts eight antennas with high-powered amplifiers to supercharge the Wi-Fi signal, keeping smartphones and devices connected to the network at all times. Dynamic beamforming technology also further maximizes device performance and delivers a stronger, targeted signal across the entire home network. Additionally, its powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor enables high-speed connectivity with seamless coverage. The router is also backwards-compatible, allowing it to work with older wireless protocols such as 802.11 a/b/g/n.
- AD7200 Multi-band with 4-Stream technology delivers up to 7200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over 2.4GHz (800Mbps), 5GHz (1733Mbps), and 60GHZ (4600Mbps) bands*
- 60GHz band allows users to stream 4K HD movies in minutes and instantly share thousands of files and photos over an interference-free connection
- MU-MIMO technology enables Wi-Fi for every device with multi-user support
- Powerful 1.4GHz dual-core CPU to enjoy high-speed connections without interruption
- Active 60Ghz adaptive beamforming enables Gigabit performance and dense deployment
- Eight antennas with high-powered amplifiers supercharge your Wi-Fi signal
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports enabling lightning-fast wired connections
- Two USB 3.0 ports to share files, photos, music, and videos across the network
- Beamforming technology to send targeted Wi-Fi signals to individual devices
- Set time limits and block websites through parental controls to keep children safe
- Guest networks provide visitors with Wi-Fi access separate from your main network
- Advanced security encryption to protect your data
- Check network status and adjust Wi-Fi settings from your mobile device (Android, iOS) using the TP-Link Tether App
- Supports 802.11ad and backwards-compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
TP-Link is a global innovator and provider of consumer and SMB networking products and the world's No.1 provider of WLAN and broadband CPE devices**, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions of customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-Link continues to provide award-winning networking products in wireless routers, cable/DSL gateways, powerline adapters, range extenders, cloud cameras, smart home and accessories for global end-users.
* Maximum wireless transmission rates are the physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Range and coverage claims are based upon test results under normal usage conditions. Actual wireless transmission rate and wireless coverage are not guaranteed, and will vary as a result of 1) environmental factors, including building materials, physical objects and obstacles, 2) network conditions, including local interference, volume and density of traffic, product location, network complexity, and network overhead and 3) client limitations, including rated performance, location, connection quality, and client condition.
** According to latest published IDC Worldwide Quarterly WLAN Tracker Report, Q2 2015 Final Release
*** Three or more 1×1 MU-MIMO-enabled client devices must be connected to achieve faster performance.
For further information visit www.tp-link.com, follow TP-Link on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TPLINKNA, Twitter at www.twitter.com/TPLINKNA, YouTube at www.youtube.com/tplinktech or the TP-Link Forum at http://forum.tp-link.com.
All information and pricing provided are subject to change without notice. TP-Link is a registered trademark of TP-Link Technologies Co., Ltd. All trade names are the property of their respective owners. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 specifications. Actual data throughput and wireless coverage will vary.