How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applicants should clearly explain in a cover letter how you meet or exceed the job requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to: Sr. Engineering Development Manager Work Location: San Jose
We are looking for a passionate and highly collaborative cloud architect to join our growing team in San Jose. The ideal candidate is expected to have hands-on experience on architecting the cloud for high-volume end devices, and have deep knowledge on big data analytics. The candidate will excel in a fast paced environment and is dedicated to making great things happen. In this role you will report directly to the Sr. Engineering Development Manager.
Your primary responsibility is the design of a highly scalable and highly available cloud system architecture that provides a good foundation for supporting high volume end devices and SOHO network management functionality.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide suggestions to management team on industrial technology trend on cloud computing and system architecture.
- Make recommendations about platform and technology adoption (cloud, big data), and be able to do proof-of-concept.
- Provide technical leadership to the team, and help to bring the team to next technical level.
- 3+ years of software engineering on networking products.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to this functional area
- Hands on experience in architecting cloud applications as well as client-cloud communication mechanisms to manage large-scale end devices.
- Hands on experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, HBase, Impala, Zookeeper, MapReduce, HDFS, etc.
- Solid knowledge on mission-critical clustering, scalability, high availability, and load balancer.
- Thorough understanding of web technologies, service-oriented architecture (SOA), virtualization, identify management, database, information security, etc.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with product, development engineering, QA engineering,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and previous analysis skills in determining requirements.
- Ability to collaborate as a contributing team member in a fast paced environment.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet aggressive deadlines
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Identifies a problem and determines solution from multiple perspectives.
- Ability to evaluate architectural trade-offs from different points of view.
- Create, define and split engineering tasks with consideration of limited time and resources.
TP-LINK Research Institute is a newly formed subsidiary of TP-LINK a global provider of SOHO and SMB networking products and the world’s No.1 provider of WLAN and broadband CPE devices, with products available in over 120 countries to tens of millions customers. Committed to intensive R&D, efficient production and strict quality management, TP-LINK continues to provide award-winning networking products in Wireless, ADSL, Routers, Switches, IP Cameras, Powerline Adapters, Print Servers, Media Converters and Network Adapters for global end-users.
The TP-LINK Research Institute is in San Jose, near the heart of Silicon Valley. Our primary purpose is to spearhead product research and development, software and hardware design, product testing, evaluation, and more to further increase quality and decrease time to market.