How to Apply: How to Apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Applicants should be prepared to provide examples and articulate why they made specific decisions to meet company objectives. We are an equal opportunity employer!
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Products Work Location: San Jose
We are looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Sr. User Experience (UX) Designer to join our growing team in San Jose. We are seeking a hands-on designer who is a critical thinker, and innovator who is energized to re-imagine the way people interact with the network devices. The ideal person will have the opportunity to lead the User Interface (UI) design and various applications for TP-Link network devices. This role will also manage the development cycles with engineers, product managers, and the executive of the company.
- Manage all aspects of leading projects from project scheduling, ensuring milestones are met, tracking issues, finding solutions and making design recommendations.
- Define the user interface for various devices including, routers, range extenders, switches, etc.
- Develop workflows, user task analysis, interaction flows, mock-ups, navigational flows, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on designs and negotiate trade-offs.
- Work with usability researchers to design and observe usability studies and translate usability research findings into design improvements.
- Apply the best design aesthetics under tight deadlines, while effectively managing trade-offs between business needs and customer benefit.
- Contribute to the design standards and promote user-centered design throughout the organization. Develop guidelines, standards, and user-centered design processes.
- 7+ years development experience.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the desire to promote teamwork and collaboration.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in designing usable software.
- Solid academic background in human-computer interaction, design or related field.
- A strategic creative thinker who can easily articulate why they made specific decisions to meet strategic objectives.
- Past experience in an agile, startup-like product development environment.
- Proven Linux platform, smart phone platform, and Window platform experience with Web GUI design for various browsers (IE, Chrome, etc.) Strong interaction design skills with careful attention to detail.
- Proven understanding of user-centered design principles.
- Ability to mediate and resolve competing requirements and designs.
- Must work well under pressure and be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Track record of solid design experience for consumer devices with a passion for creating great user experiences.
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- A passion for creating designs, which are simple and elegant with a playful aspect for a great user experience.
- Experience using prototyping to evolve and refine designs.
- Hands-on UE expert with ability to manage the future UX Team.